How To Get The Most Out Of Your Appointment With The Doctor
When coming to see the doctor or nurse at the practice, please bear the following in mind:
- Each appointment lasts 15 minutes. If you have several problems which you would like to discuss with the doctor, you may be asked to come back another time. This is to enable the doctor to deal with each problem thoroughly. It is sometimes helpful for you and the doctor if you make a list beforehand of the issues you would like to discuss.
- Please try to arrive for your appointment on time. If you are going to be late, let us know. If you are very late, the doctor may not be able to see you (usually after 10 mins) – this applies to all appointments, not just GP appointments.
- Please remember to check-in by using our self-check-in screen at the front desk or by alerting the reception staff that you are here so that your clinician is alerted that you have arrived.
- If more than one family member has a problem which requires to be seen please make an appointment for each family member.
- If you are unable to make it to your appointment, please let us know as we will be able to use your appointment for someone else.
- Please don’t worry if it is an embarrassing problem as most of the time we will have seen it before.