Non-urgent advice: COVID-19
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE PRACTICE : COUGH, FEVER, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, COLD OR FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS (RUNNY NOSE, SORE THROAT, HEADACHE)
STAY AT HOME AND REFER TO INFORMATION ON THE NHS INFORM WEBSITE
SHOULD YOU NEED FURTHER ADVICE, PLEASE PHONE NHS 24 ON 111.
In the light of recent Covid-19 developments, we want to limit footfall and reduce risk to our patients, GPs and staff. We will be taking the following measures from Monday 16th of March:
– We will no longer be offering ROUTINE FACE TO FACE GP appointments
– GPs will offer more telephone consultations
– Repeat prescriptions should be collected from a nominated pharmacy not from reception. Please indicate the pharmacy of choice on your prescription request.
– Medical certificates will be posted to you. Please do not attend the surgery to collect these.
ACTION FOR PATIENTS
If you need an appointment with a GP please phone our normal phone number 0131 556 8196 and a telephone appointment will be made for you. The reception staff may direct you to another service depending on why you are calling.
Our GPs will try to call you back within 30 mins each side of the appointment time that you are given. Please make sure that you are somewhere that you can take the call.
Any booked nurse appointments will a face to face consultation in the practice unless you are told otherwise.
We really appreciate your support during this unprecedented and challenging time.
Out of Hours and Emergencies
NHS24 111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call NHS24 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS24 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
In case of a life threatening emergency, please dial 999
New Partner4th January 2021
Annandale Medical Practice is delighted to welcome Dr S Malone as a new partner to the practice. Dr Malone starts […]
Covid-1911th March 2020
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Guidance for Patients If you have any of the following symptoms please do not attend the practice. […]
New Name13th June 2019
The practice name is changing. From 1st July 2019 our name will be changing to Annandale Medical Practice, Dr Millar […]
Online services allow you to:
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals